Re: [VAC] Jury Rig of Window Cranks

Hi Dr. Huff:

I had a couple of loose ones and here's what I did:

Originally one end of the knob was put through a hole in the crank and
then squashed down or "riveted" to fix it in place.  On mine, I took a
punch of the appropriate diameter (a bolt) and, with the end of the knob
supported adequately (garage floor? anvil?) repunched the head of the
"rivet".

Worked for me.

Just start out kind of gingerly, and make sure that the knob still turns
in the hole while increasing the snugness of the fit.  Doesn't take much.

GQ '67 Safari