Fw: [VAC] Solar panels

Roger,

I installed two Siemens SR100 panels with a fixed
mount. The local hardware store had 1/8"x2"x 6'
aluminum stock. The brackets are longer on the
outboard sides of the AS. I put silicone goop in the
holes and used stainless steel screws. They have been
installed for about eight months and have traveled
about 6,000 miles on this trailer. I used same
method on the 69' AS several years ago but
those were four 48 watt panels.

I use two small 250 w UPS's (with their batteries
removed) and connect them up directly (fused) to
the 12v batteries. They seem to supply 110v ac
sorta on a demand basis. The notebook computer
uses 72 watts 110 v ac. I also use them to power
an external 20" monitor for the laptop. I don't use
he monitor too often. I put a switch on the 12v
side to completely turn them off when they won't be
used for a spell. They also power the TV and VCR.

Dean

Pictures at:
http://www.the-texas-special.com/holder1/MVC-174F.JPG
http://www.the-texas-special.com/holder1/MVC-175F.JPG