Re: [VAC] 1973 31' Excella 500

Terry,

I found some blinds that have tracks, and if they can be bent on both
ends, will allow the blind to follow the internal contours. I should
mention that these are of the shade/blind variety. They can be pulled up
above the window

> Observations about the pull curtains:

The trailer that I bought has a new set of curtains throughout, they are
dusty, but complete and look new. (what's a good lubricant for the
elastic curtain holder to run in, inside of the tracks? Would paraffin
or some type of wax work, something else maybe?

> 1 - All it takes is one dusty day and I can print
> my initials on the counter tops. Counter tops are
> much simpler and faster to clean than blinds.
>
> 2 - In campgrounds with small sites, the pull
> curtains provide complete privacy for us at night.
>
>   a. The hardware for our pull curtains is closer
> to the wall than the hardware for venetian blinds.

I was thinking more about the look inside than anything. I think that I
misspoke myself earlier the Pull shade are of the variety that one would
see in a double hung window on a regular house. Plastic with the pull
on  the bottom. Someone added them to the trailer sometime in the past.
They are currently behind the Pull Curtains.

>   b. Because pull curtains are a piece of cloth,
> they take up less space than a two inch wide
> section of venetian blinds.

I was thinking about mini blinds, they can go as narrow as 0.75 inch,
I've heard of 0.5 inch but I believe that there is a size limit
(horizontal)

>   c. Pull curtains can extend farther along the
> side wall than venetian blinds and still not bump
> into the drapes.
>
> The combined benefit of these three
> characteristics
> allow our pull curtains to provide complete
> privacy
> rather than the partial privacy we have with our
> venetian blinds.

Agreed. But I was also thinking about the luxury nature of our trailer,
and in keeping with that notion, there are also 12V operators available
that could all be synched together so that at the push of a button,
(almost) instant privacy. There would also still be the option of being
able to raise the blinds manually to open a particular view.

> 3 - During the day, the tinted, thermo pane
> windows

Just some thoughts before I tear into things. I'm going to use the
trailer camping a few times first to see how thing currently work.

bobb

--

'73 Excella 500, 31'