[VAC] Batteries and Jalousies

In the last year we have talked so much about batteries and inverters and
solar chargers, etc. and I had decided to get an RV battery and put it under
the couch in a marine container with a vent hose to outside. To whomever
used the Walmart container for this-did you notice that it is not air-tight?
In the interest of time, ease and $$ I am thinking of having the original
rectangular battery holder, outside behind the LP tanks, fixed or copied.
The bottom of this alum. box is rotted out. Any ideas from you metal masters
on whether it can be fixed, or if I should just have a new one fabricated?
Cost estimate?
On another subject, I have the jalousie windows in the kitchen, and would
like to disassemble the whole thing for cleaning. There are little flat
springs holding the glass strips in place, which I thought would flatten to
release the glass, but I am afraid to push too hard. Do any of you know if I
am on the right track? Is there some secret to this? I may even remove frame
and all from the wall if it makes taking the thing apart easier or safer.
Just planning my obsessive, compulsive four day weekend!
Mike and Leslie
'62 Tradewind "Silver Stogie" (trying out new names for the former Ghetto on
Wheels)