[VAC] e-mail addresses

Hi-

I'm not sure if everyone else's e-mail programs work like mine (Microsoft Outlook Express), but it allows me to reply to a VAC list member directly (instead of the group). Here's how:  with the message open from the member in question, I hit the "reply to author" button at the top, and the header information from the original message also shows the personal e-mail address of the sender. BUT - the reply will go to vintage@airstream.com unless you delete that from the new "to:" line, and cut and paste-in the personal address you want to use. It's very easy, and will keep a lot of private correspondence out of the "group" mailboxes.
If "Cut and Paste" doesn't mean anything to you in e-mail language, spend a few minutes with the help section of your program. It is VERY easy. I use it to manage a lot of Airstream info I've collected. I cut and paste useful tips from the group into a word processor document, which I can then search by keyword. I also use the "cut and paste" to group my collection by subject after searching.

Don't be intimidated by the language. This is about as complicated as sorting socks.

Bob Harper
'62 Globetrotter in SC