Re: [VAC] Testing, please. Reply requested :)

Like yourself, I am a newcomer to this list, preceding you by a few days.
The first thing I did was to locate the 'archives' of this list, which is
searchable by topic... I'm just full of questions myself, and have found
many of them have been addressed at length in the archives... For example, I
recently posted a request for information regarding the use of expanding
foam insulation, and received no responses... for good reason... about 3
weeks ago (just before I joined the list), members had pretty much exhausted
the topic.

here is the link to the archives:

http://tompatterson.com/MHonArc2.4.6/maillist.html

I've had a little experience restoring/refurbishing 60's and 70's
Airstreams, as well as some other kinds of vehicles. One of Wally Byam's
many mottoes was "never leave well enough alone"... so the Airstream was in
a state of continuous evolution while he was at the helm, and for some years
after...
The result is that the many variations of Airstream had fairly idiosyncratic
layouts and wiring... and part of the fun (for me, anyway) was discovering
how a particular trailer was wired and plumbed. I think you'll discover that
the solutions that the Airstream designers and builders used were usually
the simplest and most elegant. Rarely (I can't think of a single instance in
the older trailers) did they do anything 'the hard way'...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Land Yachting!

Tuna.
Reno, NV
rctowns@attglobal.net

PS: I've decided to tow my flatbed trailer down to LA to pick up the '49
20'... better safe than sorry...