Re: [VAC] new member

Hi Steve,
	And welcome!  We just bought our first Airstream not long ago.  First we
looked at different sites on the internet, and that really helped us to
familiarize ourselves with different styles and layouts.  Then we contacted
some of the people who had trailers for sale on the VAC for sale page and
that gave us a pretty good idea of condition vs price.  We ended up,
however finding a regional RV traders guide that had our trailer listed
just a couple hours away.  I was glad that we had done a little bit of
looking first because it helped me know what kind of questions to ask.  We
are wanting to travel with it, and so were hoping to find a trailer with
it's original furniture and layout, no leaking tanks, good condition on the
outside (no big dings or scratches) and hopefully some hitch equipment.
Turns out we got all of that for under $4000, however, all of our cushions
are being replaced.  We pulled up the shag carpet and are putting in
linoleum (we have kids you know!) and are scrubbing every square inch of
the inside.  Still, despite the dirt we will have a good useable trailer
for around $5000, which isn't too bad in my book.
Good luck!
Jodi of J&J 1972 Overlander