Re: [VAC] Battery Overcharging

FWIW:

Where I store my trailer there is no power available.

This created a problem with battery maintenance charging.  I ended up
buying a small solar panel from West Marine called a Solar ChargeSaver
for less than 40 bucks.  80 mA @ 13 VDC.  It's just a little thing ~ 8"
diameter or so.  I attached it to a hunk of broom stick and keep it stuck
in one of my plumbing vents.

At first, I ran the cord in the nearest 14 x 14 roof vent and then to the
closest cigaret lighter (12 v outlet?).  Later, when I installed a
battery isolation switch adjacent to the battery, I ran the cord down the
side of the trailer and into the battery compartment door.

The cord is clipped directly to the battery terminals.  There is a plug
disconnect near the terminal end that allows me to leave part of the cord
connected to the battery (inside the battery box) all the time, while
removing the rest of the cord and the panel while traveling.

Had it for about a year now.

Works great.

Solved my problem.

GQ '67 Safari