Re: [VAC] Battery Overcharging

My '56 unit only has one 12v dome light in it and the rest are all 120v.  I
came up with an idea of taking the trailers power cord when I'm set up with
my solar panel, and I attatched a 120 outlet to a pair of jumper cable clips
and hook up to my battery,  I change the bulbs in my fixtures and even my
table lamp to 12v screw in edison type bulbs, Gave the original 120v
circuline foresent light on my kitchen ceiling a 12v ballast and I have an
inexpensive 12v lighting system.  BTW a 25 watt 12v bulb puts out the same
amount of light as a 60 watt house hold bulb and I have never sucked my
battery even close to dry.  Some times my boon docking neighbors think I
must have a miracle silent genrator because they can't believe the amount of
light they see through my windows at night.  I just thought this might be an
idea for those of you Vinties who have really old coaches with only a 120v
system.
Vanessa
The Trailer Lady
'56 Overlander