Re: [VAC] Battery Overcharging

Gerald,
 I suspected that YOU didn't have a UniVolt anymore. <<grin>>

The UniVolt that was in my '68 G.T. when I bought it had a bad
overcharge problem, but it's entirely different than the later ones with
the Ferro-Resonant design. This one has a Triac, SCR, or something that
controls the current, with a little PCB that is connected to the gate
lead. The triac (or whatever) is probably good because I can disconnect
the gate lead and it quits charging. If I had a schematic, I might be
able to fix it, but don't really care at this point. Of course, a REAL
engineer could design or adapt a circuit that would give the ideal
3-stage charging; the guts are already here. Unfortunately, I'm NOT that
"real engineer". :-(

                                       <<Jim>>