Re: [VAC] Can You Cut Zip Dee Awning?

Hi Suzie:

I'm certainly not an awning expert, but I can offer you this:

The trick to installing one of these seems to be that you have to start
by mounting the vertical supporting hardware on the vertical trailer
frame members. I think they are on 24" centers.  I get the impression
that you do not have any of this hardware?

Unless you do, it would be practically impossible to determine the length
of the roller and hence the awning itself.  The awning is the least
critical of all, since it can always be "cut short".

Before you go any futher with this, do yourself a favor and contact:

Zip Dee, Inc
96 Crossen Ave
Elk Grove Village, IL
60007-1662
708.437.0980 or 800.338.2378 or 847.437.0980

They can send you a great package of information on their products,
prices, and best of all you can see enough in the pictures to get a feel
for how they attach to an RV.  There is even a picture of an installation
on a "curved-sided" trailer....if you know what I mean.

Good luck,

GQ '67 Safari