[VAC] electrical ground fault

This is problem I am having with my sob (a '62 21' silver streak) but it
could just as well be with an A/S   I have a 'mild' short somewhere that is
causing the trailer chassis to become hot with AC I measured it at around
39VAC  So it is not in the 12 volt system. The question is How can I
possibly find this short? I have been testing the hot part of the AC system
in various places to the chassis as far as resistance figuring that when I
find a low resistance I will be close to where it is but so far nothing.
Anyideas?