Re: [VAC] Can You Cut Zip Dee Awning?

I also looked at the feasibility of cutting this awning down to 14ft for my Tradewind. It can be done but the fabric must have the ends reseamed.......that's right ends. It must have the same amount cut off each end. I talked to a rep at Zipdee and he indicated this is the method of cutting one of these down. The hardware will cost approximately $475. A completely new awning with hardware is approx. $1150. If you buy this awning for say $300 delivered and add $475 for hardware and a couple hundred for cutting it down, it doesn't leave a big differential in new Vs new old. If you happen to find a couple of 14ft awnings please contact me, I would really like one for rainy days.

Tim Childers
62 Tradewind
47 Liner