Re: [VAC] Belly pan/dust barrier/insulation

Polly, have you considered buying a house furnace filter, cutting it to size
and squeeezing it into the area? On our Alaska trip, we used an Airstream
with the refrigerator vent in the floor. It only took one dirt road to start
thinking differently. I bought a house furnace filter at a hardware store.
From then on, after we arrived at the campsite, the furnace filter was
removed, shaken out and made ready for the next day. This wasn't a perfect
solution and granted, Rube Goldberg wouldn't have given me extra points for
creativity, but it did cut the dust dramatically.

Also, the foot lockers next to the refrigerator were prime dust collectors.
To cope with that, I stopped at a fish market and bought a dozen, white
plastic fish boxes with the tight covers that fish markets use for
transporting fresh fish. The boxes were cleaned with soap once and cleaned
again with bleach to make them fresh smelling without any fish odor. From
then on, those boxes were used for storage in the foot lockers. Simple
solution. At 50 cents a box, it didn't hurt a bit.

Polly, you'll come up with different ideas once you start brainstorming
possibilities. I try to have 8-12 of them before I begin evaluting and
closing down the creative juices. Sometimes, I do very well. Othertimes, the
ideas are duds and I have to start over again.

Terry
'67 22' Safari