Re: [VAC] Plumbing and NORCOLD frig / '62 Globetrotter

Dave, if you are connected to a pressurized water source you will not need
the pump. The pressure created by filling the tank will last quite some time
(do not let the air out while you are filling the tank-assuming that you
have a water hose connection). If you are starting with NO pressure in the
tank and are trying to use the pump, it will take a minute or so to get any
results. The pump does not work like the newer designs. It does not pump
water through the pipes, it merely pumps some air into the water tank. When
enough air is placed in the tank it will begin to displace the water, viola
it comes out through an open spigot. With zero pressure it will take a
while, but once you have pressure in there it will last quite a while. The
less water (the more compressed air) you have in the tank the longer it will
be between pump ups. Just a note, I would not fill the tank all the way to
the brim. I did this for a while and discovered that the water also made its
way into the pump. I trashed a couple of pumps several years ago in this
manner.

Scott
1960 Overlander