Re: [VAC] 1964 tandem axles

Bob,  I guess a tandem axle was an option on the 64 Tradewind, but most
that I have seen are tandem axles.  In your case, the serial number tell
the story.  It seems to have a lot of numbers, and here's what we think,
they mean.
S-I24410336
S is for Santa Fe Springs Calif.
I is for International trim package
24 is for length in feet, bumper to ball
4 is for 1964
1 is for one axle , or single axle.
0 could indicate Land Yacht
336 is the production sequence number.

Is it rare???............Maybe.  For sure, it is one of the last single
axle Trade Wind models, and one of the few in 64 with a single axle.
Keep that owners manual in good condition, it is the first year
Airstream produced an owner's manual.

Bill Scott
66 Trade Wind LY, tandem