Re: [VAC] Polishing w/DeWalt/sponge buffer pad

I also used the DeWalt 849 and had some slipping of the pad which was
unacceptable.  My solution was to cut a couple rubber washers out of
something rubber I had and put this under the bolt that holds the pad
down.  This solved the  slipping problem.  I used three different pads,
one for each polish.  The difference seem to be the length of the fiber.
For the innitial cutting the pad had the shortest fiber  and for the
final AP 300 polish (all this was from Rolite) pad had the longerst
fiber.  I suspect the shorter  fiber didn't pack down with heavy residue
from the initial oxidation removal  nearly as fast  as the longer fiber
pad would do.

Roy