Re: [VAC] Huff's old Heater

Huff,
FWIW: I agree with  the aesthetic appeal of the original Bowan cover compared
top the newer painted ones.   Last year I installed an Atwood from the outside
(in my case the clearance from the inside was too difficult).   I then pop
riveted the original cover to the Atwood door.  You cannot tell unless you are
3" away at a side view (looking for it) that   the Bowan cover is ¼" off the
skin of the trailer (thickness of the Atwood door) and not flush.  With this
type of install it takes an extra 5 seconds to reach up under the Bowan to
access the Atwood latch but even when the heater has been on for days its not
too hot to operate.   I had to trim away a small portion of metal on the back
side of the Bowan to allow clearance for the Atwood vent.  It will be obvious
what to do when you have both pieces out of the trailer.   This way you can
hinge down the entire Bowan cover and expose the whole water heater.
Paul