RE: [VAC] Re: late 60s Windows

Good question, I'll check.  Maybe the stainless frames were after market, I
don't know.  The night before I bought
the trailer, the owner told me some kids broke out the galley window which
was framed glass, and he said
one of the last original windows on the trailer.  The trailer has had several
windows replaced with screwed down plexi.
I personally needed 4 windows, and luckily the dealer who is working on it
found 2, from the '60's buried in inventory,
the galley and curb side front. He said they'd been sitting there all these
years.  Either I'm living right or God likes Airstreams.  ;-)
I now just need the curb side rear window replaced which is large, 39.5 X
32.75" and I'll replace the front with standard glass.
I'll talk to shop manager and ask his opinion about the window framing.  He
did tell me that in '69 when the body got wider, the
windows all went to rounded corners.

David