Re: [VAC] Re: Windows

Hi Dave:

One late '60s guy to another.  Lemme ask you a question or two.

For the 3 bills, they cut the material to your dimensions but they did
not install the aluminum "hinge" extrusion at the top of each piece,
right?

Was the material flat or curved to your specification?

Could you divulge the per square foot cost for the material?  The reason
I am asking this is last year I replaced 3 windows with "garden variety"
Lexan (not scratch resistant/not tinted) at $5.50 / sq ft at TAP plastics
in CA and wonder how this compares.  I like the idea about scratch
resistance.

While I'm thinkin' about it (Hey Group!).  The other day I went to clean
the Lexan panel that's in the lower half of the storm door I have in the
back of my house, that has been in the CA sun all day every day since
1995 and discovered something about Lexan.

The stuff was kind of streaky and had a lot of CA yuckie accumulated on
it, but I had religiously NEVER touched it except hosing it off.  So I
got out the Windex which cut right through the "waxy yellow build-up".
It also did something permanent to the surface of the Lexan, which is
supposed to be "bullet proof".  The message here (maybe I'm the only one
who didn't know this) is:  Get some cleaner that is made expressly for
cleaning Lexan and don't wait nearly as long as I did.

The interesting thing is that the "Lexan Cleaner" didn't make a dent in
the built-up yuckie.  So I ended up cleaning the whole thing with Windex
anyway. It's not much clearer than it was before.....just....different.

Good thing the panel is in the bottom.

Learnin' all the time...(But not quick enough)

GQ '67 Safari