Re: [VAC] Window worries

Hi Nick,

You said:
>One thing that surprised me was the noise the heavy raindrops made on the aluminum
>vent tops!  Wow!  Like a caribbean steel drum. Does it rain at four AM?

When I read that posting, I thought, "He's in for a treat when it hails."

Actually, it'll be a double treat. One for the dramatically amplified caribbean steel drums and two
for the lack of dents in your old rig with the thicker alumuinum.  We were in one hail storm at
Bismarck, ND during the Airstream International Convention. That was enough. It's someone else's
turn now.

Fortunately, we had the old trailer then and to this day, we can't see where the hail stones hit.
But, the newer ones were a different story. Hundreds of dents the size of base balls on many of the
end caps didn't add a thing to those Airstreams.

Our only damage was to the white plastic inserts in the roof caps. All three inserts were totally
destroyed. Ten minutes later in the middle of a continuing downpour, I was on the roof with three
Lindeen Covers installing them. Our insurance company bought those for us (after six months of
paperwork).

Like I said to Sandie, "See, it pays to visit all the hardware stores in town and to look at all the
supplies that vendors bring into a convention."  For her, visiting Hardware stores didn't use to be
a favorite form of recreation. It still isn't, but she humors me more than before the hail storm.

Terry