Re: [VAC] Shocks

David, according one Airstream dealer, the shocks being used by Airstream today were built by
Gabriel. In case you haven't picked up on one unique feature yet, the shocks function in a nearly
horizontal position and resist "pulling" forces. That may dice the deal if after you plunk one down
on the NAPA parts department counter and the parts guy brings you an exact size match.

Some of our VAC members use shocks that resist "pushing" forces. Those shocks are much easier to
come by, i.e. NAPA, etc. Maybe one of the guys will chime in on how those shocks are working out.

If you haven't tried the Airstream dealer Don-Mar in South Carolina yet, this might be a simple way
to find out if you like doing business with him (800) 581-4678. Last I heard, he still takes phone
orders and delivers the product directly to you, courtesy of Fed Ex.

Don-Mar has old Airstreams on their property and restores one or two, now and then. Don and his son
are very knowledgeable, even though perhaps you might consider them a bit unorthodox (if you should
stop at their place). I've done business with them twice (big bucks) and both times felt the job was
done right and the cost was fair. They provided a courtesy Airstream for us as a waiting room on a
cold, rainy day while their mechanics did the work on one of our Airstreams.

Hope this helps,

Terry