Re: [VAC] replacement roof vent

Hi again,

Thanks for the thoughts on the vent installation !
Inland RV sent some extra thick insulation with mine
too, but it seems way too thick to fit correctly on
the ridge, and it just seems, looking at them that the
vents should be closer to the top of the roof when
completely closed...  The operators that Inland RV
sent me were a bit longer than the originals...  I
thought that maybe there were different lengths for
different years.  I may just bend them down a bit to
fit better... The way the operators attach to the
inside frame doesn't seem to be all that secure
either.  It may have been better to have just bought a
standard 14x14 at the local RV store, as it sure would
have been cheaper (although not as close to
original)... Also, I was told by the folks at Inland
RV that the original vents were made of aluminum and
no light came through at all, so any that you can get
now are not truly original anyway... Do any of these
ORIGINAL vents still exsist on anyone's rig, or have
they all flown off over the years???  I guess I was
surprised that the actual plastic vents had no holes
for screws or rivets, and that there were no
instructions with them...  But I think I can make it
work now, with the info I got here...  (and they won't
fly off ??? ... )

Thanks again all,
Tony