Re: [VAC] Which alloy?

Rob, when I had the inside of my door apart for stripping and poishing,
on the reverse of the skin was a Kaiser Alumium logo and a 2024 T3,
alcad marking.  T3 comes in various thickness and sizes.  You can get it
from Kansas City Airparts in sheets and in rolls.  It can be welded, in
fact I watched Kent White , "The Tin Man" weld some 2024 with gas torch
and special flux.  He made a small gas tank as we watched.  He also made
some beautiful wheel pants, for a custom airplane.  I think .032 or .040
was the thickness I used for a flat segment I replaced.  I'll send the
list the url for the aluminum sheet and for Kent White.  They might come
as attachments, so don't get paranoid.

Bill