Re: [VAC] Hi/axle costs

Morning Martin,
It's great to hear from you! I really enjoyed the pictures at your web site.
Yours REALLY looks great. How much work did you have to do to get it in that
condition?  Mine is in near original condidtion and awaiting someone to do
the work.  It is currently for sale w/pics on eBay.  I bought a '76
Caravanner that was basically "road-ready" so my family convinced my to sell
the '61.  I like the '61 better because it is truly "Vintage".    Oh well,
I'll do a restoration project some other time!

The front dinette was converted into a queen size bed which I took out (just
wanted to see what the original floor plan was).  I think that front dinette
would have been the double.  The seat closest to the door had its end
section  moved closer to the door, which will be easy to put back to
original.  I think they did this when the queen bed was put in.  Thus the
original front dinette had a lond seat (street side) and a short seat (curb
side).  The short seat would be the same length as the dinette's table, thus
when the pole was taken out, the table made the center section of the bed.

The L-shaped dinette I haven't quite figured out how that made into a bed.
Seems like that was the single.  Mine has the table top (probably original)
which has a US map on it.  It could be that table top actually came from the
front dinette(?).

The biggest project would be upgrading the axle & brakes to electric. It
didn't scare me too much because I have all the tools etc to do it .... just
not much time!

Bruce