Re: [VAC] PEX?

Cross-linked Polyethylene.  (Something like that, anyway.)  It is a
clearish, whitish, opaque plastic pipe that is being used for supply
plumbing instead of copper.  It is fairly flexible (1/2" will bend to a 6"
radius), and in my opinion, much easier to work with than copper.  As far
as temperature conditions go, it is much more durable than copper, however
I still wouldn't want it to freeze.  (As a side note, I have 1/2" PEX
running from my house under construction to my airstream.  It froze solid
several times this winter, until I put heat tape down the entire length.  I
did not get any leaks from that mishap.)

You can get fittings that just push together, but I've never tried
them.  The better fittings slide inside the pipe, and a copper ring is
crimped around the pipe sealing the connection.  Very easy to do, and none
of mine leak.  The crimpers are expensive (~$100 for the basic style), but
since I am plumbing my entire house I justified the expense.

Matt