Re: [VAC] zolotone paint-

hi my name is erin and i just finished repainting the interior of my 54 25
ft.A/S with Zolatone. got the zolatone (multicolor 20 series) from a local
auto parts/paint store. after a light sanding and wash i applied interior
latex white primer for the base coat. its very important to cover the
original paint well. my original paint was a grayish color and i didnt get
good coverage with the primer (big mistake)and some of the gray could be
seen through. anyway what i found out was that i needed three coats of the
Zolatone (camille white) to fully eliminate the underlying gray tones.
anyway long story short, took three and a guarter gallons of the stuff to
cover (did the closet interiors too) and at 80 bucks a gallon...you get the
point. (get a good primer base coat down!) the finished job is beautiful and
has brightened up the interior alot. i used an HVLP (high volume low
pressure) paint gun for the zolatone and a regular high pressure airless
sprayer for the primer. the HVLP is easy to use and make sure you use a
large nozzle opening so the suspended color particles in the zolatone dont
break apart as they go through the nozzle. i would suggest you do one end of
the trailer at a time because with all the windows and vents covered with
paper there is no ventilation and this stuff is very strong. wear a good
paint respirator. oh yah, i tried the small touch up gun (13 dollars),and as
long as you keep it level it sprays well but as soon as you point it upward,
like doing the ceiling it stops working. good luck, erin