[VAC] Aluminum Propane Tanks

Hi all- new to this AS game with a 1953 [13 panel] 25' "Cruiser" but
enjoying it greatly so far.

A couple of questions:

I saw something about aluminum propane tanks on the Airmark Airstream
Polishing web site.  Does anyone have any experience with aluminum propane
tanks? Good/bad indifferent?  If good, does anyone know a source for buying
them?

On the subject of polishing an Airstream in general. Does continued
polishing reduce or extend the life of the AS?  I read something somewhere
about aluminum thickness in the 50's and how you could damage the thin skin
by continued polishing. My partner, Debra, thinks we should polish......I'm
fine with this but don't want to diminish this well preserved (and never
polished) trailer.

Thanks much.
Gordon in Seattle