[VAC] Dent Removal Blues, Part Two

Hey Folks --

After getting much good advice on using suction to remove the dent on the top
of my '57 Caravanner, I am sorry to say that I could only achieve a 50%
solution.  That is, I pulled out half the dent, but the portion along the
seam was just too tough -- the seam is too thick to pull up.

So now...I am considering the garden variety body shop approach to dent
removal (with tools, pushing it out from underneath, etc.).  The big catch to
this, besides the cost of course, is that I believe a hole will have to be
made in the skin to insert the tools.  The questions I have, for anyone who
wishes to accept them, are this: 1.  Has anyone had experience with a body
shop and dent removal (if yes, what happened), and 2. What is the best stuff
to use to patch up a small hole in the skin?  Thanks for all sage advice on
any of these two queries...

Jon Amores