RE: [VAC] Lexan Window Rock Guard

Patrick,
     At the risk of repeating something you may be aware of, there is a posting
somewhere that explains how to make a rockguard from lexan.
     I purchased a peice of 3/16ths smoked lexan last week to make a rock
guard. Cost was about $96. If I don't use the old hardware I'll use a couple of
the gas cylinder thingys that hold the door open on a camper shell, hood, or
hatchback. It'll either be open or closed. I expect to trim it with
automotive "knock on" in silver or black.
     Simple instructions would be: Cut the pattern. Attach the hinge bar.
Insert in hinge sleeve. Center. Torch or "propane" and set the curves. Attach
the "Knock On". Attach cylinders and a fastening device. Should end up about
$150.
     Gene