Re: [VAC] Holding tanks

Yikes!  I finally hooked up my new (1962 24' Tradewind) to city water.  I
found one leak where the hand held sprayer didn't hold a seal where it meets
the white hose.  Okay, I can fix that.  Then I was able to get water out of
the kitchen sink, bathroom sink (didn't try the shower as I wasn't in need of
one and thought I might get one if I turned it on).  The toilet filled and
drained but I kept hearing the water coming into the trailer when I expected
it to reach a point where it shut off.  I followed all the inside water pipes
through the closets and cupboards and I did not see any major leaks (one drip
by the new hot water heater.  Then I went outside and looked under the
trailer on the toilet/street water inlet side.  Yikes!  It was like someone
had poked the trailer with a fork.  Water was pouring off two metal pipe
thingys that both have caps on them (about 1/4 inch size pipes, looks
original) but it wasn't coming out of the caps, just using the pipes to
direct the water flow.  Then there were two other leaks out of little holes
in the underbelly.  I turned the water off and there continued to be water
pressure in the sinks for several minutes.
How do I tackle this.  My guess is the system froze at some time and burst a
seam or something.  I keep hearing about taking off the underbelly to get to
the black water tank.  Could I also pull the toilet and rip up the bathroom
floor (could use replacing along that side).  Does the 62TW have a fresh
water tank that fills up?  Come to think of it, that might be under the bed
on the opposite side.  Why would there still be water pressure without the
pump or city water on?  Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
I did sell my motorhome last week and I've had a little work done on the 88
Suburban I bought to tow the trailer with and it is running well.  I'm
planning on quitting my job soon and taking off to the Southwest before it
gets too hot.  I hope to get the bathroom fixed soon, it has a darling little
yellow toilet with a turquoise inside.  Would like to save it but not sure I
can replace the water control system to make it work well.
Enjoy the weekend!  I know I will.
Janis, Silver Trailer Trash
'62 Tradewind, "Flowing Fountain"