Re: [VAC] tow hook-up

When we got our A/S, the pigtail was all cracked and taped, so I bought
a connector and new piece of 7-conductor cable at the local Coleman
store. It has all of the wires, of the proper guage, etc. They also gave
me a diagram of the connector and how it should be wired. We pulled the
new cable through the tounge, back to the junction point near the step
box under the trailer and spliced it in just like the old one was. Since
then, we made a new 'A' frame because the old one was badly rusted
INSIDE. Because I figured that the rust was caused by water following
the cable down into the 'A' frame, I rerouted it under the trailer,
using an 'LB' and 3/4" EMT that comes out to the front of the trailer
body. We sealed the end of the EMT and the trailer frame under the hitch
with that spray-in expanding foam stuff to keep out moisture, rodents,
etc.

                                 <<Jim>>