Re: [VAC] tow hook-up

Hi Jacque:

Apparently the truck has the trailer electrical connector mounted on it.
 You should have gotten with the truck a cardboard box with the mating
connector in it.  The one that I didn't get with my Ford truck either (at
first) is called:

One F2TZ-13A576-A
Wiring Asy
Made in Mexico

This is a 7 round pin connector.

I complained loudly and they admitted that I should have gotten it with
the truck and forked it over.  Mind you, this was in '92, but the concept
should be the same today. This assembly was intended to connect the truck
(7 pin) to a U-Haul type trailer (4 pin), but the part that attaches to
the truck is exactly the part you need.  You just disconnect the 4 pin
wires / plug and connect up your trailer wiring (7 wires).  A diagram
comes in the box with the ASY (sic) that tells you what-is-what at the
truck end.  Just functionally match the trailer wiring when you connect
to the new plug and you'll be off and running.

You also should have gotten a small wiring harness that allows you to
connect a brake controller (you provide) to a plug under the dash
someplace.  It also should be part of the "Towing Package".  Complain
about that too, if you don't have it.

Figuring out the trailer wiring functions/colors is step II.  Hope you
have the A/S manual.

Good luck!

GQ '67 Safari