Re: [VAC] battery hazard

It's not acidic fumes one worries about with battery
installation, it is hydrogen -- a most explosive gas that is
vented from the battery during the charge cycle. In the interest
of safety, I am of the opinion that no battery should be stored
inside in a non-vented compartment.

I know of no RV factory installations of batteries in a
non-vented compartment. If you do that for your gel cell and
someone else replaces it with  a lead acid, a real hazard exist
and you could be held responsible for an unsafe condition that
was caused by your unvented compartment and someone else's
changing the battery.

Just my 2 cents that might save someone some misery down the
road.

Ebert Steele