Re: [VAC] Office space in a travel trailer

Me, three! I'm needing a home office for my new startup
business, but don't have room in my home for it. One guy
I talked to thought he'd work within the existing
cabinetry, but, but ended up finding out he didn't have
enough room. Thought he'd do some light remodeling to the
front of his '68 27-footer, but found everything was
connected to everything else and that once he started
removing things he ended up gutting the whole thing
completely, installing new copper wiring and a
four-breaker box, phone wires, new floor, then patching
the walls where necessary and repainting. He's been very
happy with it, but it took him 2 mos of his labor and two
grand to get to that point, and probably reduced the
value of the trailer quite a bit in the process. I'm
still wondering, though, if someone with the need for
only a desk with space for a computer, printer, fax, and
a few files could get away with pulling out the front
sofabed and watertank, sticking a desk in there, and
seeing what happened. Anyone tried this successfully? If
I do, I'll post the results.

Alternatively, I'd be interested in buying a gutted but
otherwise reasonably tight and sound airstream for office
purposes. Presumably one could be had more cheaply than
one with all the original equipment. If I found something
gutted, I think almost any size would do. About 20-27
feet might be ideal.

Dan