Re: [VAC] usage of furnace

Mark, I do not remember reading that message, but to answer your last questions...

If your furnace is anything like mine the pilot light will blow out.

Safety issues. Many years ago most everyone traveled with the propane tanks turned on so that things like the refrigerator could run all the time. But now most people realize that this is asking for trouble. An accident may cause a propane line to rupture, a lit pilot may ignite it. A lit pilot at a gas station may be more hazardous than a lit cigarette. The scenarios go on. They make sense.

Most people do not use their campers in sub freezing temperatures, or if they do they have the water system winterized and carry water in jugs so that freezing pipes are not a worry.

I am one of the few that I know of, that on occasion, travels with the gas on, but these times are becoming fewer and fewer, and are limited to very long travel days when I think that the refrigerator would get too warm. You would be smart to heed the advice you got earlier, just don't do it.

Scott