Re: [VAC] 59 Safari tires

     Mobile home wheels may well be 14.5 inches,  but there have also been
regular 14.5 inch wheels.  My Streamline trailer came from the factory with
this size wheel, and I was able to purchase new 14.5 inch Goodyear tires
from a dealer for the wheels in 1994 when I picked up the trailer.
     When I needed to replace one of the tires on the road in 1998, I was
able to buy one in a little town in Oregon.  This was surprising, because
14.5 is an uncommon size.
     I carried two spares because of the uncertainty of finding this size
tire when needed.  For that reason, I changed over to 15 inch wheels later
in 1998.
     There is no telling how many miles the trailer logged with the 14.5
wheels, but it was in the tens, and maybe well over 100,000 miles.  No way
were the wheels initial, one way wheels !

-Tom

mailto:tom@tompatterson.com
Website: http://www.tompatterson.com