Re: [VAC] Floor model heat pump (Roy's)

Good summary Terry!

One idea you missed, is a good polish job if the airstream is in the
sun.  I think building a shelter would be easier than polishing, but then I
wouldn't get the added looks.  :)

Additionally, by mentioning frosting the roof vent windows, you alluded to
the idea of tinting the original windows.  I just wanted to clarify that
another owner said that really helped and didn't interfere too much with
the view.

Oh yes, I almost forgot -- portable air conditioner by Freecom.  (I'm sure
there are other mfgs, that's just the one I've seen.)  Stands on the floor
on casters.  Plugs into a 110 receptacle, and has a vent that looks like a
dryer hose.  Expels all heat through the hose.  Water can be collected in a
built-in container, or can be permanently connected to a hose.  Both the
vent and the drain could go through the floor, so it wouldn't hurt the
outside aesthetics.  The down-side is that it takes up a bit of space (13"
wide x 16" deep x 31" tall).  The advantage is that it can be taken out
when not used.  Largest unit I found is only 8k btu, so it would be in
addition to the rooftop unit.

Still looking for other options...