[VAC] Introducing Myself & my 1966 Safari

Hello Folks-

My name is Alex Kensington in Noblesville IN, and I am about to purchase
my first Travel Trailer, a 1966 Safari. I could write a bit here about
how proud I am of my find, but I wouldn't care to bore anyone at this
point.. Instead I'm sure I'll display my complete ignorance, hope to
glean some sage advise, and share some experiences, where appropriate.

This unit has been in a barn for the last few years, seems to be free of
any sort of freezing damage, mostly original inside (carpeted, new
drapes, and upholstry are the exception). The owner sez the furnace
(original; little used) won't stay lit, and the gas/electric
refrigerator operates poorly on gas, but great on electric. I noticed
that the trailer was labeled to use LP gas and he says his tanks are
full of propane. I am betting this is the problem. Any thoughts out
there?

Also is LP gas harder to obtain than propane these days? More costly?
More efficient? What are the laws on this stuff these days? I know
propane-- LP is a new fuel to me. I have only ever seen it on forklifts!

I'll have lots of questions as you can imagine! Mostly I am happy to say
that my toils will be limited to refinishing type projects which I have
lots of expirience, and I've restored several cars over the years. I am
hoping to join WBCCI, and get to know the Airstream community which
seems to be made of great folks.

Thanks in advance

Alex-