[VAC] Introducing Myself & my 1966 Safari

Hi Alex,

If in your travels, you pick up a portable
(5 gallon) air tank ($20 new at Home Depot)
with a capacity of 150# air pressure, fill it
and carry it in your tow vehicle, then you
have the makings of a simple fix when the
burner plugs again while you're nestled
snugly at an idealic campsite far from
civilization (source of real air pressure).

If you plan on having to do the job again,
chances are you'll never have to do it.
But, if you aren't prepared to do it again,
then you will have to do it -- at a place
where it's inconvenient and with no help
available.

Some of us learn lessons the hard way.
And some of us have to learn the same
lessons more than once before we do
anything about them.

Enough said,
Terry

PS - 2/24/00 We're at Rustic Sands CG in
Mexico Beach, FL where the town fathers
chose to install city sewage during the
peak tourist season. Today, the CG road is
no longer a road, the water main was cut
by a back hoe and just now, the trunk line
for electricty was clawed out of the
ground with a resounding explosion.

There are benefits to keeping the water
tank full and batteries charged. With an
inverter and our solar panels, we have
110 volt power to operate appliances and
no one is complaining to us about the stink
and noise from a gas generator. Our neighbor
is bearing the brunt of that from a tent
camper family parked nearby.