[VAC] 54 Tradewind update

Well here we go again....I spent the last two days removing the road side
bed,the fresh water tank for the hand pump,and the throne room. We had a
couple of days rain. This worked out great ,because now I know about leaks
that need to be delt with. The rear window leaks pretty bad around the frame
work,so I will assume the water is getting in higher up . Probablly the
seams(bummer). Can the seams sealed from the outside?  I hope so.     Anyhoo
the entire floor across the back is shot. I can put holes in it with my
finger in some places.    To remove the curbside bed ,I had to remove the aux
water tank. It looks to be added after the bed was installed,because I had to
remove some framework from around the tank that was attatched to the bed
frame. I had to remove the tank to remove the remaining bed frame. To remove
the tank I also had to remove the outside fill fixture(U'm a rechromin' that
baby) The floor under the bed and tank.....weelll...I can't put my finger
through it , but it's shot. The throne room is next to the bed. I lifted the
carpet and knew the throne room would have to come out.(major bummer) So far
I have been able to remove everything with out breaking any thing. I want to
reuse as much of the original wood and trim as possible. So I'm takin' it
slow. I used a putty spatula to remove the wood mouldings and panels. Some of
the wood has rot near the bottoms .but in places that are or can be coverd
with new trim. After removing the wood panels and frame work,I was presented
with a large riveted together aluminum and stainless steel bathroom stall.
This unit is essentially one piece. Next I removed all the aluminum trim in
the throne room. Some of the trim is too deteriorated to reuse so I will have
to hit Home Depot and make do. I removed the throne.(old porceline type with
turn valve like some puplic restrooms use) I broke the flapper valve under
the throne.{{{>:o(> Now I will have to fix it or find a sutable replacement.
The wood on the sink was so rotten that I pulled most of the trim and
fixtures off with no tools. The little round sink needs refinishing. The
faucet is garbage. The formica top is warped but in one piece. I will use it
for a pattern for the new top. I removed all towel holders ,tissue
holders,and the medicine cabinet. The medicine cabinet is junk. Too much rust
falling apart. Now I was ready to remove the throne room
stall.....ha,ha,ha.The stall is built AROUND the black water tank
NO,NO,NO....I'm in Airstream hell....NOOOOOO........Next episode our happless
hero returns in..... "The  Great Pooptank Fiasco"  Trike      54 rotten to
th' core Tradewind