RE: [VAC] campground directories

I really like the AAA directories, and if you belong to AAA they're free. I
get a complete set (map, travel book, and camping directory) each year for
every place that I'm thinking of going (and I'm always thinking of going
lots of places). I like them because they're small and easy to carry and
have lots of public campgrounds.

I've also used the Foghorn Press series. They're mostly on the West Coast
(their California and Southwest Camping books are great), but they have a
New England and Florida beaches book too.

I have tried to use the Woodalls and the other big one (can't remember the
name). For me they were too big and too hard to use in the car. I also go to
a lot of National Forest, Corps of Engineers, etc., campgrounds and they're
useless for those.

Sherry
1963 Bambi, WBCCI 1104, VAC