Re: [VAC] Restoration Update -water fill

Chris,
  depending on what the tank is made of,(hopefully Sainless or aluminum)
the threads could possibly be chased with a large pipe die. This die
could be obtained from a rental house. If you don't want to do it
yourself have a good plumber or a sprinklerfitter look at it to see if
the threads are salvagable. Your last option, other than replacing the
tank, would be to remove the tank, take it to your nearest "certified"
pipe welder and have him cut off the neck and reweld a new threaded
"nipple" on it. I stress "Certified Welder" because we are talking  a
water system that will be utilizing PRESSURE. Last but not least, you
can just convert your system to a "on Demand" system. This system
utilizes a in line pump(between tank & water heater,NOT AFTER) that only
works to pump water when you need it. These systems are used on most new
trailers because of the "affordability " of these systems.  The drawback
of these systems is that you will always need a power source(12VDC) to
run this system.If I can be of more help just E-mail me.

                                             Good Luck,
                                             Joe DeLillo
                                             59 Overlander 26'
                                             Tooljd@snet.net