RE: [VAC] spackle paint replacement availability

Hi Joe, that paint you are talking about is called Zolatone, and it is still
available, as are other knock-offs. My AS was totally oranged-out from
nicotine and grease, and ZEP citrus cleaner from Home Depot did an admirable
job of liquifying it (buy the gallon size!). But because mine was also
partially repainted, we just cleaned it and repainted.  If a thorough
cleaning doesn't meet your satisfaction, you can get spray-cans of paint
that looks just like Zolatone, which you could try in a closet to see how
that looks. In the end, the spray paint probably wouldn't cost any more than
having a professional painter do the real thing for you, and you could do
your own touch-up (my main problem with Zolatone). Good luck!
Leslie (and Mike)
'62 Tradewind (it's movin on up from the ghettos)