Re: [VAC] Another Univolt Question

Brenda,

Sounds like the battery got an over charge........the smell is usually a dead
give away. You should check with a volt meter to see just how much of a charge
the Univolt is giving the battery. Should check the water level in the battery as
well. There is a possibility that if the water all boiled out that adding of more
water could save the battery.......though it's been put through a lot.
It's possible for a Univolt to go bad and over charge a battery. I've installed a
wall mounted on/off switch to my Univolt so I can manually turn it on and off if
I'm plugged into power. I like to "cycle" the battery at times. Work the battery
and let it run down.....then turn the Univolt back on and charge it back up. With
a properly working Univolt your battery shouldn't get over charged, even when
left plugged in to power.
Just where is your battery mounted? It should be vented outside for your safety
if it isn't.

Pat