Re: [VAC] Brake control ??

Polly,  I just had one put on myself today. They should have given you a
small plastic card like a credit card that explains the complete operation
of the unit. The leveling dial and the gain dial. There is also a manual
level in the very front of the unit if you want to control the trailer brake
manually. On mine there is a green light that is on costant until you turn
the ignition off. When in use and  upon application of the foot brake the
light goes from green to an orangish color to red depending upon the foot
pressure applied. Besides on the unit I got there was a $4 rebate. I realize
it is an inconvenience and a long trip back, but stand by your guns and get
it all fixed properly. Perhaps you could call them and explain the problem
and the next time you are down that way they could make things right for
you.  I was also there approx 4 hours but they did a super job and had to
fabricate a bracket to hang the unit on under the dash. The first time I
used it to trailer the brake I was impressed with the swiftness of the
actuation of this unit. Hope all works well for you.  I don't remember the
name of the unit, but I paid $90 just for the unit. The company makes
several different models, so I really don't know which one you bought. I
would imagine they all work pretty much the same. Good luck.   Jim Stienstra
from the southeren slopes of the high sierras. 67GT