1960 28' SILVERSTREAM EMPRESS..JUST JOINED GROUP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Streamline Message Board ]

Posted by Michael Breazeale on December 12, 2004 at 09:42:07:

I'd just like to say hi to all my fellow ALUMINYUM TRAVEL TRAILER friends. I was fortunate enough to find a near pristine 1960 Empress locked away for years in a boathouse along the Savannah River and was able to purchase it during an estate sale. I am so proud of this baby and have been searching for others who own similar models and who have tips and other information for me. My model has split rims and 15 inch tires..that is the only thing I will have to worry about at present. Does anyone know what solid rims will fit...Chev?? Ford?? Chrysler?? When I purchased the trailer and pulled it home I could not believe how easily towable it was..no sway...no really noticable hard pull on my Dodge van..pulled like a dream. I am going to have it polished up..made in California....so it should shine like a new quarter. Did anyone who bought one of these get a title..Mine came with a State of Georgia title which I then changed to South Carolina. I didn't know that 1960 trailers came with titles....but fortunately mine did. If anyone owns a similar model I would apprecitae dialog with you and hope you might share some chit chat. Thanks

Follow Ups:

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.