Water System

[ Follow Ups ] [ Streamline Message Board ]

Posted by Tom Patterson on November 18, 2000 at 08:13:16:

As part of the renovation of the '72 Duke, I pulled the old Bowen water heater which was leaking, and replaced it with an Atwood, which was fairly easy, as it is identical in size. I suspect that it is the same heater, except with a different name. I went with the electronic ignition this time, so as to avoid having to light the heater from outside the trailer.
I checked the propane connections to the heater, and they are solid, and not leaking.
However, before I hooked up the water, I decided to go ahead and replace all of the water pipes in the trailer. There were four breaks in the system, which had been patched (rather unsuccesfuly) when I bought the trailer. I had fixed them, but felt that while I was at it, I might as well replace all of the copper tubing with pex, and install a cut-off on the line leading to the water tank.
I have started taking out all of the copper tubing, and have encountered one item, of which I am unsure. Just after the weter enters the trailer from the outside hose connection, there is some device in the line. I am guessing that it is some sort of water pressure protection. Does anyone know ?

Follow Ups:

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.