Re: Streamline flooring rot

[ Follow Ups ] [ Streamline Message Board ]

Posted by Alan B. Geer on September 29, 2000 at 20:03:18:

In Reply to: Re: Streamline flooring rot posted by John Donnelly on September 20, 2000 at 17:34:04:

You will just have to suffer through the process. Don't kid yourself. There is no way to restore rotten plywood. Mild dryrot in *nonstructural* locations can be dealt with wood preservation compounds and wood hardeners. You are talking about a floor. My '71 31 ft. trailer leaked for years at the front living area while it was mothballed on the previous owner's lot. The floor was spongy 4' back from the fwd bulkhead. I was forced to cut it out and replace it in sections. Don't worry about the foreward bulkhead resting on the decking. There was some pushing and prying involved, but the process was fairly painless since the shell of a Streamline trailer is so stiff that the front will not slump down during demolition of the rotted decking.

I will e-mail you with answers to all your questions if you help me with some of mine.

Incidentally, I work for the Home Depot and Bob Vila knows *jack* compared with the likes of me.

Alan Geer
Portland OR
Carrot@sprintmail.com

Follow Ups:

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.