Re: Questions--Elec., Hot Water, Fridge

[ Follow Ups ] [ Streamline Message Board ]

Posted by Rebecca on September 22, 2001 at 17:40:16:

In Reply to: Re: Questions--Elec., Hot Water, Fridge posted by Cres Gilbert on June 22, 2001 at 12:09:28:

This is AWESOME! Thanks Tom!!!
I have been eye-ing a 1964 28' Streamline Empress all summer. The poor thing has been parked in a storage yard for 3 yrs. I am currently in negotiations with the owner. (finally! they have decided to sell...)
As with Cres, I am not sure as to the value. After searching the web 'it seems' they run anywhere from 1-5K depending on condition. I want to spent somewhere between 1-3K & (take a breath...) I want to gut the inside & use all the org. wiring/utilities ie; 'bones'. Although, after seeing 'Arnold' I might rethink that. NICE JOB!

This one needs all 4 tires(@ $3-400), we haven't got the electrical hooked up yet(I am going to read your online manual next-THANKS!) so I don't know if that is working.

It was vandalized recently & the front door has had the glass busted out(louvered), the lock has no key(new cylinder-$9), the rear(closet Dr)pried a little, the propane tanks & battery were taken.
The refer is new & has a invoice(not org).
Other than that it is org., everything stock is there & the thing that is MOST exciting to me is... He has ALL the org. manuals & receipts for the appliances! Including the org. wiring/ducting schematics. That means ALOT to me.

By the way Cres, They were wired org. for 110/12v.

He wants $2,8K. It is 'kind of high' as I would love to get it for $1,5K but... What do you think?
I will have to finalize by Mon. 9/24/01. Thanks again for your site, it has been very helpful in my search for the 'perfect' travel trailer.

Follow Ups:

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.